Friday, January 28, 2011

Sitting Under Shoregirl's Tree

Enter the $30.00 Amazon Gift Card here.

No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. Good example is followed. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves. ~ Amelia Earhart



Well, I have been sheltered today!  I have been struggling the last couple days with pain issues (not complaining, just want you to understand the hand of God in this sheltering) and I can't get my blood sugar below 325.  So this morning, I walked out to the kitchen and poured my freshly brewed tea (sheltering by RB) and headed for "my  chair."  RB had put yesterday's mail on it which included a package.  Amazon, I thought, since that's where most of my packages come from.  But it wasn't.  It was from Esther and her daughter, Makayla, at Shoregirl.  It didn't take my pain away, but it sure did take my mind off of it.  I sat and marveled at each little item she had placed in my prized package.  Emily is taking pictures for you to see all the goodies, too.





I started out my week being sheltered by our friends and pastors (we're almost kin since we share the same grandblessings) with a delicious meal.  Anyone who knows Sheryl Clemens knows we ate well. We enjoyed the food and fun of just being with friends who love the Lord.


She sent me cards, too. 
 She used real twigs--loved that.
I admired this one on Esther's blog.















Tuesday I went to work with RB.  The university offers free blood tests a few times a year so I usually spend the day in Marion when they are offered.  I worked in the morning at Bob Evans and the waitress just refilled and refilled my tea -- with such a sweet attitude. (I tried to shelter her back with a big tip!)  Then my dear RB took me to the Hostess House for lunch.  Emily had dinner ready for us when we got home.  I received lots of leafy hugs on Tuesday.

Wednesday we had a funeral at our church.  Wednesday is the day I work, so Emily once again helped me by cutting up the broccoli and assembling the broccoli salad I promised for the funeral dinner. 
Thursday, Emily went to powerwalk the mall with Melanie and came home with my oldest grandson's new picture.  He's such a handsome boy at seven, and you have to love the toothless grin.

This bird is made with flocked paper.
If you lift his wings you can write on them.


Other sheltering this week included numerous notes, messages on facebook and e-mail messages thanking me for different posts.  Janene from For God's Glory texted that she was praying for me. 

I know I'm forgetting something, but I've been shelter-spoiled this week!  You know, when you start to look for ways you are sheltered, it's hard to stop counting.  Over and over friends have obeyed God's nudge to shelter me.  Shoregirl had no idea how I was struggling, but God did.  And He provided the right person, complete with gifts and talented creations.   I love notebooks, papers, cards, stationary items and tiny paper gifties.  God knows that!  That's why He chose Esther and Makayla.


This darling paper bag album: Love Bugs
I have 3 love bugs, you know.
Another one is arriving tonight...or tomorrow...maybe Sunday?
I can't wait to fill it with all their pictures. 
It has places for journaling, too.
Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything.  Be quick to give a meal to the hungry, a bed to the homeless - cheerfully. Be generous with the different things God gave you, passing them around so all get in on it: if words, let it be God's words; if help, let it be God's hearty help. That way, God's bright presence will be evident in everything through Jesus, and he'll get all the credit as the One mighty in everything - encores to the end of time. Oh, yes! (1 Peter 4:8-11)

How many times God has nudged me and I've failed to respond -- either forgetting or putting it off.  I want to try harder to listen even to the smallest whisper, cheerfully sheltering those around me with love.   I want God's bright presence to be evident so He can get the credit.  Ask God who you can shelter today. 
* * * * *

Make Shoregirl's Purse
http://estherscardcreations.blogspot.com/2011/01/paper-purse.html

The template for this purse is on her website.  She also has a list of ideas for using the purse.
I like her idea of using it for a gift card holder.
I can see a lot of other things in this purse.
Stickers will make Makenzie happy.
Gum would delight Morgan.
My five nieces would vote for a tiny notebook and pen.
Or maybe lip gloss.  Yes, definitely that.
What would you fill it with?

Not only did Esther send me the purse, she included the pattern!
  


”BWS

7 comments:

Mindy said...

What a fun bunch of blessings!

Esther Asbury said...

Isn't it wonderful that God knows WHAT we need and WHEN we need it?! Your act of sheltering Makayla came during a week that we needed cheering up - your gift did just that! (And I might add it will add even more sunshine to my daughter's day when she has a Valentine American Girl party (from the book) this week with a friend!!)
So many times I've been the recipient of Luke 6:38 ---"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom."....especially the "running over" part!

Christa said...

And *I* get to craft with her! :) I can vouch for everything that you said about both Esther and Makayla. Their friendship has been a wonderful blessing to me and my family.

Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three said...

I love the bird note. Hope you are feeling better soon! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you with GFC.

bp said...

God is so good to send us smiles in the mail and through people around us.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, those are pretty. When I see pretty cards like that I think they are too pretty to use!!

God bless,
Bethany

Allegro Mama said...

Thanks for following me at Allegro Mama, I'm now following back :)

Kim M. said...

Very nice! I love the purse.