Sunday, January 2, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award


Esther from Shoregirl's Creations awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award.  I was so pleased, but it was Christmas and I was barely getting a blog post up.  So today things are back to normal -- Emily went back to school yesterday, RB is back to work today and, although the house is way too quiet, I'm getting back in my routine.

Please check out Esther's blog  -- it is delightful.  Besides her beautiful cards, there are other artistic projects (incuding sewing) that she uses to shelter others. (An act dear to my heart!)  Esther homeschools her daughter and one of the neat things she does is include Makayla in her crafting.  I hope you'll check her out.

Mindy from In the Loop also gifted this award to me.  Mindy loves to crochet and she has pictures of her projects on her blog.  You'll find tips here and there, too. She also has a sweet little boy which keeps her busy -- including kindergarten.
There are 4 duties to perform to accept this award:
1.  Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2.  Share 7 things about yourself
3.  Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4.  Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

Seven things about me:

1.  One of my favorite books is Safely Home by Randy Alcorn.
2.  I am a collector of quotes.
3.  I have fibromyalgia.
4.  I hate cooking.
5.  Tazo black tea is my favorite drink -- iced.
6.  I like to drink my tea in one of my one-of-a-kind goblets.
7.  I enjoy picture books.

Now to forward it --- Here are my 15  recently started or discovered blogs I'm enjoying!
 1.  The Pink Parsonage  A sweet, young mother of four daughters
 2.  A Cuppa Tea with Me Beautiful embroidery
 3.  A Moment With God  Thoughtful writing and a challenge to memorize James.
 4.  Nuggets from God  Inspirational thoughts
 5.  Something about the Joy  A writer's thoughts
 6.  Fresh from the Charri Tree  Homemaker--check out her Pastor Appreciation cake
 7.  Abby's Paperie Garden  Creative journey
 8.  Bird/Like Feeds my love of birds
 9.  Blissfully Content  And ecletic mix of creative crafts
10.  Brown Paper Packages  Another creative blog

And now a five that aren't new, but are my favorites:

1.  The Clemens Clan  Creative mother of [almost] four
2.  You're Something Special  Homeschool mother
3.  South Dakotan Satterfields  Missionary mother
4.  For God's Glory  Short devotionals to ponder
5.  Kim M  Another creative mother of boys

10 comments:

Karen said...

Pamela, congrats on the awards. I'll have to check out those sites, too-thanks!

Anne said...

Thank you for including me in your awards, Pamela, I appreciate it so much! I'm glad you enjoy my blog and will try to come up with topics you'll enjoy. Hugs, Anne

Nikki said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog! And congratulations on your award.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Your blog is beautiful...you have done an awesome job...I have no clue how to do this.
Oh, I love Tazo tea, mine is chia...but hot with milk. I love picture books...I could have a library full, I learn just as much from them as I do an adult book.
Congratulations on your reward.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Pamela, Thanks for coming to my blog. Please come back anytime. I am enjoying yours. I am retired and enjoy hiking (waterfalls), gardening (roses), and birding... I have 5 grands ---all in their teens now... Yipes--they grow up much too fast, and so do my kids (3 sons --47, 40, 39)...

Congrats on the awards. I now have an award-free, meme-free, tag-free blog. I have no problems if people enjoy that--but I always had trouble picking out favorite blogs to pass on. Someone always got their feelings hurt ---and I didn't care for that.

Come back anytime.
Hugs,
Betsy

Julia said...

Hi Pam,

Thanks so much for including me on your list1 I am flattered and so glad you have enjoyed visiting my little blog. I love all you have to offer here!Your site is wonderful!

Blessings,

Julia

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela, How sweet of you to include me among your favorite blogs...I'm truly honored! As soon as I gather up my favs and 7 things about me I'll post it on my blog.

Thanks again,

Abby

Anonymous said...

Pam, here are a few more blogs you might enjoy. Neither comes from the Christian perspective but they are full of creativity.

This girl does everything in dots! Sometimes you have to scroll through her personal posts to get to the craftier ones, but I found her techniques interesting:

http://blog.vividotonline.com/

And these girls do weddings, event planning and design. They always have great ideas. I think Melanie would especially enjoy this one since she is such the tablescape lady. Lately they've been posting about their exotic honeymoons but again if you dig in you'll find lots to look at:

http://www.sittinginatreeevents.com/

Love,
Christy S.

Kim M. said...

Thank you for the award! I appreciate your thoughtfulness!

Jacki said...

You forgot that you are an amazing writing teacher! I learned so much... I find myself quoting the "Show not tell" statement to myself over and over... :)