Friday, February 21, 2014

Dressed for Battle


Beware of lazily giving up. Instead, put up a glorious fight and you will find yourself empowered with His strength. ~Oswald Chambers


Blogging is such an honor. I'm so often blessed just thinking about God calling me to this place. It's completely out of my comfort zone -- this laying my heart out for all to view.

There are so many bloggers I admire. It's easy to pick out the ones who blog with authenticity. And there are more than you realize. It would be impossible to mention them all, but Jennifer from Finding Heaven: Opening to Jesus, Finding Grace and host of the Soli Deo Gloria, wrote a post that spoke to me today. It's a short post and well worth reading. 

I suspect I'm not the only one who fights the enemy daily. Fighting the constant reminders of the times I've failed. This is how Jennifer wrote it, Doubt upon doubt, drop by drop, until I am awashed in a sea of unbelief and self-criticism. I know it's the devil reminding me of yesterday's failures and failures of years gone by. He wins when he can get me to relive the failures and keep me from living victorious.



Jen's urging of putting on the armor of God really will defeat the devil. God's Word promises, Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm (Ephesians 6:13-16).

The belt of truth
    The breastplate of righteousness
          Speedy shoes to tell the Good News of the Gospel
               The shield of faith
                    The helmet of salvation
                          The sword of the spirit

Satan fights when we are weary. He fights when life brings extra joys. He fights in the middle of the ordinary. I remember once years ago when the Enemy just wouldn't let up. I was weary of the battle. I started each day mentally putting on God's armor. It was amazing what happened. Satan could not penetrate the armor! 

Reading the truth
      Brandishing the sword by quoting Scripture 
          Praising God for my salvation
               Telling others about my God and the peace He gives
                    Claiming victory in faith
                          Doing all I can to be obedient to God

Dress in God's armor. March through your day and claim the victory! 
Linked to




12 comments:

Denise said...

Wow, really love this. Thanks for sharing.

Elizabethd said...

Yes, we need that armour every day.

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

What a blessing to read your post today! I have even copied the two parts listing the armor and what you do to fulfill them- and I am going to print it and hang it as a daily reminder. God bless, Lisa :O)

OurCrazyFarm said...

I needed this today:) Thanks for the reminder.

Lynda said...

Great post! Love the pics that help illustrate the armor. You are so correct that the enemy attacks - - all the time! It can be more than wearisome.

Anita Johnson said...

Hi Pam, I have been having a bit of a health battle and it has at times defeated me. The other day I was listening to a sermon online about the full armor of God. it had been awhile since I had read those passages. What a great defense against the anxiety, worry and doubt that illness can bring...thank you for another perspective of this great gift!

Unknown said...

Pam,

I would like to share a little story with you about the armor of God. Several years ago, I did a VBS about the armor of God and stressed putting it one before you did anything for the day. Used lots of references to school, etc. There was a boy in that VBS who was mentally disabled and didn't seem to be absorbing anything. Boy was I wrong. His mom came to me after school started and said that he would stop every morning before he got on the bus and "put on his armor". He told the bus driver and other students about each piece and what they would do for him. I saw that boy this past year and he reminded me of that VBS and his armor.

Carol said...

This is a good reminder. I am being stretched with some new roles and at night I have been remembering my failures. I need the armor of God!

Renee said...

I do this too, Pamela....and I visualize putting on the full armor of God as my protection. Your posts are always helpful! Loved the VBS story MiChelle shared!

Ceil said...

Hi Pam! There is nothing like God's protection, his armor. And it's free for the asking! We just need to remember to ask.

Thanks for the reminder, as Monday morning begins :)
Ceil

Making Memories 1999 said...

Thank you! Thank you! I needed this!

Sharon said...

Wonderful, Pamela. I am so weary in the battle right now. And your words were like a breath of air. I am inspired to pick up my sword again...and fight.

GOD BLESS!