Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Encouragement by Color


Your never know when one kind act or word of encouragement will change a life forever. ~unknown




What do you think of when you think of Encouragement? My regular readers know that to me encouragement means sheltering. It's allowing others to sit under our sheltering tree to find soul rest from the despair the enemy brings to us, the harsh words from someone professing to love us and life happenings that threaten to overwhelm us. 


Encouraging others is a direct command from God. Therefore encourage one another (1 Thessalonians 5:11). Think outside the box when selecting someone to encourage. God often impresses someone on my heart and it's not until later I know the "why." And sometimes I never do...and that's fine, too. The beauty is in the obedience. 




Pinterest gives us encouragement ideas from the most creative minds around the world. No longer can someone use the excuse "I don't know what to do." One way I am enjoying using Pinterest ideas is in what I call The Colors of Encouragement.  


1. A Box of Sunshine (all yellow) for Sick...Discouraged...Winter Blahs

Monday Sunshine

Great List of Sunshine Ideas

2. Orange You Happy (all orange) I'm Your Daughter...Sister... Friend...Mother

Your Deployment is Almost Over

It's Your Birthday

3. Tickled Pink (all pink) to be your Daughter..You Have a New Baby, You're Engaged

Box of Pink

New Baby

4. I'm Feeling Blue (all blue) without You...Soldier...Child in College...Far-a-way Friend

Blue Without You

Soldier Deployment




These baskets do not need to expensive. Here's some ideas to keep the cost down:

1. Melanie runs colored paper through a paper shredder. Instant basket filler

2. Buy items in packages (i.e. gum, candy, notebooks, etc., then use them for several baskets. 

3. Shop the dollar store, Michaels' and Target's dollar spot. For children look in the party supplies. 

4. Find baskets at yard sales and spray paint them to match your gift.

5. Make some "theme colored" gifts ahead that you can grab when making a basket:

What color are you painting with this week?













8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great ideas! I'm a "sunshine coordinator" with a mom's group I'm a part of and these would be great ideas. Thanks for the post. Linking up from Woman to Woman! Erin | It All Matters Mom

Down Blueberry Lane said...

I'm really enjoying your blog. It's become a great mentor to me. Thank you!!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

I am going to get started on this today, Pamela! Thanks for being a model encourager.

Hugs,
Kathy M.

Sharon said...

Absolutely wonderful ideas! There are so many creative people out there, huh?! And I think a few of them are in your family!! :-)

My color this week? I'm picking blue - not in the sad way - but in the way that our beautiful mountain sky is blue without a cloud to be seen! Breathtaking!!

GOD BLESS!

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea, Pamela! You are such fantastic encourager! My color this week is yellow. It is my favorite color - bright and full of sunshine. I feel like it keeps the overwhelm away.

Shel Harrington said...

Too much fun! Someone will definitely be getting a box of sunshine from me in the near future!

Ginger Harrington said...

Love these great ideas. It's so easy to get busy and neglect going the extra mile to encourage others. I'm your neighbor at Thought Provoking Thursday today.

Inspired By June said...

"The beauty is in the obedience." That's so true, Pamela! Great tips and ideas! What an inspiring post! Have a blessed week!