Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 One Word



When life gets blurry, adjust your focus.

Before I reveal my "One Word," I'd like to finish up 2014 and give you a peak into where I've been during my absence. I didn't intend to take a break, but I found life required it.

The first day of November brought the hardest event a daughter will endure -- the loss of my mother. It was unexpected and sucked the life out of me. My mother was an active, classy lady, and one of my dearest friends. It was hard, still is hard, but my sweet daddy is leaning on God and facing his grief bravely. She died two months before their 60th wedding anniversary.




The middle of December brought pride as we watched Emily march Magna Cum Laude for her degree -- double major in Elementary Education and Exceptional Needs. It was a fun day, celebrating Emily, and also Melanie whose birthday was the same day.

Photo by Kay's Kaptures


December 20th was a joyous day -- We gained a son. Jonathon and Emily's wedding day was beautiful and we were blessed with so many family and friends who celebrated with us. The newlyweds spent Christmas tucked in a beautiful log cabin in Gatlinburg.


Photo by Husband & Wife Photo


Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were spent with Shawn and Melanie and our four grandchildren. I love Christmas with them because we focus on each other and just relax. The kids play around us and Melanie and I talk, crochet and even read. Not to mention cook. But Shawn fixed us a trash can turkey that was amazing.




I'm looking forward to 2015. God has given me Focus as my "One Word." There are many distractions, but God drew me to the verse in Proverbs 4:25, Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. 



I'll be focusing on God, RB and our family, our writing, and dear friends. I'm looking directly forward, waiting to embrace the blessings of the new year.






11 comments:

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Oh Pamela, I'm so sorry to read about your mother's passing. How very sad for your family just before the joyous occasion of your daughter's wedding. Just think, your mother and little daughter are together now in the presence of Jesus. Praying for you dear one. Congratulations on the marriage of your daughter, and your new son in law. I know you've been anticipating this with great joy. Love Abby

JES said...

Looks like you have experienced "a time to every purpose under the heaven" these past few months... "a time to mourn", and there was also "a time to dance"... Tears and smiles...

May God grant you all heath and strength in the New Year.

Ecclesiastes 3

jviola79 said...

I was so sorry to read about losing your mom. My mom is also my most cherished relationship & I cannot imagine the day I will no longer have her here with us. May God bring you His comfort & peace. I am so grateful that your year was also filled with many happy blessings to hold dear. May God keep your focus this year as you concentrate on that one word. May He show you all He has for you in that one word. Blessings!

Renee said...

It is so difficult when death takes those we love. Knowing we will see them again is a comfort we hold on to even in our tears. God's blessings on your family. Focus is a good word. I'm still praying on mine.

Rebecca said...

What a mixture of experiences! I'm still in the process of losing my mother. It's been a long, bittersweet experience and (of course) we don't know when it will end....

The newlyweds look so happy. What a great place to spend a honeymoon Christmas!

I wrote about my "word" a couple of posts ago....Yours is a strong and inspiring one, Pamela. Looking forward to sharing many joys and challenges with you in 2015♥

Shannon Wallace said...

Pamela, while you were missed, your absence is completely understood.

Many blessings abounded in December! Hooray!!!

FOCUS...now that's an awesome word! Love it!

Sharon said...

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your mother. Oh what a blow that is. I am rapidly approaching the first year anniversary of my dad's passing. It still hurts, and always will. My only consolation, and the Truth that I know you rely on is that we will see them again. Praise our dear Jesus for the gift of eternal life!

Emily looked beautiful - both in her graduation picture and the photo from her wedding. Congratulations on this wonderful event.

The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. And sometimes it's hard to understand His timing. But, focus is a great word to help with all that. For in focusing our eyes on eternity, and fixing our eyes on Jesus, everything else seems to fall into place.

Happy New Year. I look forward to sharing the journey with you in 2015.

GOD BLESS!

Stephanie said...

My dear Pamela, how my heart aches for you and your deep loss. There is a time for weeping, but joy cometh in the morning. It would seem you have experienced both sadness and joy during 2014.

Your are in my prayers and thoughts. The word you have chosen is simply perfect. Hugs to you!

Create With Joy said...

Happy New Year to you, dear Pamela! I am SO sorry to hear of the passing of your precious Mother. I lost my Mother unexpectedly this past year and my world is still rocked by her absence.

I am just an e-mail away if you ever want to reach out.

Focus is such a great word for the year. I wish you much success in keeping your eyes focused on the Lord as you move into the season that lies before you!


Blessings from Create With Joy

Lynn B said...

Happy New Year.

I was so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mother, it must be hard to bear. I am fortunate in that my Mother is still with us and I feel blessed.

Such lovely photos of your family.

Deborah said...

So sorry to hear about your mother. I love your one word for 2015. I need to put this in to practice in my own life...to stay focused on the Lord, and everything else will fall into place. :)