Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Chapter Three: Fragrant Love



Discussion Questions:

Today, read John 12:1-8

In chapter three of The Set-apart Woman, the author talks about true set-apartness and uses Mary of Bethany as an example. 
True set-apartness causes us to joyfully lay everything we have and everything we are at His feet without hesitation, simply because He is worthy.
Mary was extravagant in her worship, pouring expensive oil over Jesus' feet. No one suggested it; she didn't see someone else do it, but this act of worship came from her soul, out of a love for Jesus. And I love this next part: The house was filled with the fragrance (verse 3)



Judas, however, was totally miffed. In his betrayal mind, Jesus wasn't worthy of such expense or praise. I've been meditating on that thought since last evening and asking myself these questions: Which attitude do I have in regards to worship? Do I give my very best praise and worship like Mary, fragrance shared with all I meet? Or does my worship stink in its half-heartedness? Do I hold back in fear of what other Judas' may say.



What about you? What can you do today to show the extravagance of your love for Jesus, of your proclamation of His worthiness? Have you held back, fearful of what others will say?

Listen to CeCe Winan Alabaster Box 



1 comment:

Karen said...

I've been thinking about this passage, too, how her actions and timing were perfect, no matter what criticism she endured from others.