Sunday, April 12, 2015

God's Invitation to Sacred Living


I had traded spiritual passion for mediocrity. I was loving Christ with only part of my heart, rather than with my entire being. Leslie Ludy

I was hanging out at Ann Volscamp's Holy Experience when I saw Leslie Ludy's book. I knew if Anne recommended it, I would want to read it. I expected a good book; what I didn't expect was the way God spoke to me through the words of the first chapter as I sat right in the middle of Barnes and Noble. I highlighted so many sentences The Divine Invitation looked like a rainbow arc of promise. A promise that God would become the delight of my heart--not just in word, but in day-to-day reality.



If you are ready to be purified from the inside out and have your spiritual fire ignited, to stare undiluted truth in the face, let's study this book together. It won't be easy, but it will be exciting. Leslie asks the question, "Do you long to not just talk about Him, sing about Him, and learn about Him, but to truly walk in daily, passionate relationship with Him?" Leslie asks these questions:
Would (you) rather spend an evening curled up on the couch in front of the TV than on than on (your) knees in prayer or studying God's Word. 
Do (you) feel more at home surfing the Internet for new fashion trends than searching the Word of God for priceless nuggets of Truth?
Are (you) far more inclined to open a Grisham novel than an inspiring Christian biography?
We'll be discussing our journeys on A Sheltering Tree's Facebook page. (If you "like" the page I think the discussion will show up in your newsfeed.)You can purchase The Set-Apart Woman though Amazon. It's not a fluff book. It's not going to let even a trace of mediocrity remain in your heart.  



Sign your name in the Facebook comment section under the Invitation to "Come away." We'll be authentic in our honesty as we journal, read biographies, share quotes, memorize Scriptures, and write our prayers -- either publicly or privately -- as we learn how to live this life sacredly. 

Order your book, get out your journal, and your highlighters. We'll start bright and early Monday morning, April 13th. 



5x7 Theme Verse printable



Missional Women

7 comments:

Joy said...

Seems interesting event to join.
Awakening thoughts!

Rebecca said...

Oh! Sounds like a WONDERFUL opportunity. I feel a little chagrined saying, "Please hold me excused, I cannot come."

(That's a line from a song, "I cannnot come to the banquet, don't trouble me now; I have married a wife; I have bought me a cow. I have fields and commitments that cost a pretty sum. Please hold me excused, I cannot come.")

I DO share your heart and passion, Pamela. I AM "coming". Just won't be able to do the study right now.♥

Praying it to be a HUGE blessing and impetus to deepening relationships with the Lord of glory to all who participate.

Shannon Wallace said...

Utterly jaw dropping. Oh yes...I ponder and stumble over these very same thoughts OVER and OVER again! It's much "easier" to just jump on the computer and look up things than open my Bible and learn and drink of His goodness...and it shames my soul. And yet, I do it again and again. YES!!! I will join!!! I'll be a few days late because I just ordered the book, and it's going to take longer to ship because we live overseas. Thank you, Pamela, for being a Titus 2 sister to all of us! :)

a joyful noise said...

He searched until He found me!

Aritha V. said...

Beautiful. But I have no longer Facebook.

Juliamomof2 said...

Pam, This could not have come at a more perfect time. God has been challenging my heart to be more grounded in Him and His Word and to BE the example my kids need. We can offer up sooooo many excuses of busyness, but when we just let God lead us our days go much better, not easier, but better. Thank you for transparency and leading others through Bible study. May God bless you abundantly!

Karen Del Tatto said...

The questions asked were a resounding yes for everyone!

Thank you so much for sharing about this book.

It DEFINITELY looks like one that I would like to read!