Sunday, April 5, 2015

I Am Blessed


Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness.  Floyd W. Tomkins



Passion Week for me has been unusually and incredibly sad. Because of this…and maybe in spite of…Resurrection Sunday has been a special day. RB sang in the choir and Melanie played her violin in the orchestra. The rest of my family sat on either side of me as we celebrated the empty tomb and worshipped the living King.

Melanie hosted our Easter dinner at her beautiful home. It’s always so peaceful and relaxing – candles lit, her table set with love, and the wooden Lenten wreath with its candle in the final hole signifying Christ’s resurrection. Ethan made our place cards with Grandma Cessna’s art supplies. What an Easter she must be having, this first year with the One who died for her sins.



The Kuhn women prepared the meal, and it was well seasoned with love! Newlywed Emily made soft, yeasty rolls; Melanie, creamy mashed potatoes; Grandma, slow-cooked ham, veggies, and deviled eggs for our Landon – just good homemade food. We lingered over coffee and dessert. I could feel my bruised soul unfold and warm. 



I am blessed, so very blessed. In that moment, with the whispered, “It is finished,” and a torn temple curtain, I was given the privilege of going directly to my Heavenly Father through Jesus. With each “Happy Easter” I’ve heard, my heart has echoed, He is risen indeed.


Emily's decor and mini cheesecakes


Melanie's decor




Laura Boggess

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Blessings! Hope your weekend was wonderful remembering Christ's sacrifice.

Beth said...

Sounds like you had a delightful Easter celebration with your family, Pamela! Thanks for sharing all the beautiful pics too. Those mini-cheesecakes are so cute and I bet very delicious! Blessings to you and yours!

Lisa notes... said...

What a lovely Easter celebration you had with family! I remember when my family used to get together when all our kids were little. It was always so special.

Anita Johnson said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Easter...mini cheesecakes sound like a wonderful dessert!

RicKaren said...

What lovely decor, and yummy looking cheesecakes!