Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My Holy Ground



In His presence I know there is joy beyond all measure, 
And at His feet sweet peace of mind can still be found. 
For when we have a need He is still the answer, 
Reach out and claim it for we are standing on holy ground.


We are standing on holy ground,
For I know that there are angels all around. 
Let us praise Jesus now,
For we are standing in His presence on holy ground,
Bill Gaither 




I stand in the office, shoeless and hesitant, hearing the voice of Moses' God. "This is your burning bush. The words you type will lead my people from their Egypt -- from their despondency, discouragement, disappointment and disillusion."


I look away from the keys, this instrument of writing that God made holy ground. Lately the words are stuck, thousands of words emptied into the trash, half-worked-out ideas filling discarded notebooks. I've been in the backside of the desert studying.

"My people are suffering," God said. "Babies are killed, children are abused, and teens are mixed up in satanic endeavors. Marriages are crumbling and euthanasia is shadowing seniors. I want to bring them out of their oppression into the land of encouragement -- a place where the promises of my Word flow freely, the Joy of the Lord strengthens, and the anticipation of Heaven will shine."


My "Who am I" barely leaves my mouth until I am assured, "I will be with you." Yet, I am not done protesting. "Who will I say you are? It is with the "I am that I am" -- the reminder that God has been and always will be -- that I embrace the task. With His "I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob."


And so I sit, feeling the yoke of God's appointment; knowing that His yoke is easy -- that it is light. Knowing that God will move these fingers once again. I'm trembling with anticipation, and want nothing more than to sit with you under the sheltering tree, to speak grace, enfolding my words in a blanket of the Holy Spirit's comfort, urging you to rest in the SONshine of God's peace. 

Let's join hands and dance shoeless around the Sheltering Tree -- claiming our holy ground!



14 comments:

Jelli said...

Wow, that's a strong calling you've got on your life, Pamela. I'm sure you're equipped to do so much more than you'd have ever dreamed and God's going to open big doors for your ministry!

Godly Homemaker (Andrea) said...

I love that song "Holy Ground" that you quoted from at the beginning of this post :D

Annesphamily said...

Hi Pamela, your blog gives me so much encouragement! I can not comment from my phone for whatever silly technically reason and so here I am trying to catch up a bit with you. You are a blessing and joy to know. Thank you. Blessings, Anne

Denise said...

I love that song! It is so beautiful! Love the post as well.

Unknown said...

May the words come to you. Worry less about exactly what you say and speak from the heart as you have done. It will come. You can do all things through Him.

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful song! Love people. Speak the truth. God will give you the words and guide you.

Denise said...

praise dancing with you dear.

Unknown said...

Way to embrace your calling. May He continue to put His words in you.

Marissa Writes said...

Such a beautiful description of His presence and assurance in your life. Your relationship with Him is inspiring and how you trust Him in obedience, it warms me. Thank you for sharing your heart with us.

Marissa

Reading List

Roxanne Foster said...

What a gorgeous song. Thank you for sharing and putting it in my heart this morning.

AngieOuellette-Tower said...

What an amazing post! - Thank you for sharing.
I'm visiting from "The Homemaking Party" & I'm now following you on GFC & google+
Thanks
Angie
http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/

Lisa notes... said...

Beautiful, Pamela. Our holy ground never changes, regardless of any shaky ground around us. I join you in resting under that tree: "to speak grace, enfolding my words in a blanket of the Holy Spirit's comfort, urging you to rest in the SONshine of God's peace."

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing with us at #JoyHopeLive

Jessica said...

What an amazing tool the internet can be for evangelizing! Prayers for you in your mission! -Jess, Sweet Little Ones