Friday, November 19, 2010

Picture Perfect Cards

What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other? ~George Elliot

In the United States 7.8 billion cards will be sold this year. That averages out to about 30 cards per person. 235 cards a second! I love sending--and making cards to send. Now I'm not a professional by any means and if you're looking for that I'd suggest you check Shore Girl's Creations. (And you'll find many other projects, too.)


I do love making cards with Emily's photographs. First of all is the joy I get from knowing she took the photos. But it is also makes a striking card with a small amount of time invested.


The top card says, "God's answers are better than our prayers."

This is the inside of the above card.
Excuse the strange "hues" of these pictures--the photographer was babysitting.
I like the flag card for the men who are protecting our country.
Emily took this at the dedication of this flagpole honoring her Pawpaw Sankey.


My Daddy bought these roses for my Mother.

We were visiting them and Emily took the pictures. Very vintage looking in sepia tones.


These are some that I've made into cards or plan to.


I like to include a Scripture verse with my cards.
Some of my favorite ones to include are:
Praise the Lord; Praise God our Savior! For each day He carries us in His arms. Psalm 58:19
Those who hope in me will not be disappointed. Isaiah 49:23
I am glad from the inside out, ecstatic; I have pitched my tent in the land of hope. Acts 2:26
The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land,
and will strengthen your frame. Isaiah 58:11

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Beautiful photos; inspiring thoughts! Nothing more healing/encouraging/strengthening/comforting/sheltering than the Word of God!

Esther Asbury said...

I've been very busy entertaining this week, and just had a few spare minutes to check your blog. (It's right up there at the top of my favorite list!)
Imagine my surprise to find you had linked to my card blog........thanks for the sweet compliment in that!
BTW - I think your cards are very professional -- I love picture cards...especially with the Scriptures/Quotes on them! What a great way to use those creative/pretty photographs.
I might use that for one of our Wednesday Challenges sometime!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What beautiful cards!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Those are beautiful!!! I love them!

Kim M. said...

Wow, those are so pretty!

Angel said...

Those are gorgeous. I love taking photos and making cards, but I have never combined the two!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

These are so very pretty!
Thanks for your visit!
XO
Kristin