Thursday, November 18, 2010

Picture This


A picture is worth a thousand words.
~Napoleon Bonaparte


Napoleon Bonaparte didn't aim high enough. Why not make a picture worth two, three, or seven thousand words?

As old-school as it seems, I have a hobby. Pictures can equal a thousand words but words can also paint a beautiful picture. So I love making pictures that make us think. Think of how blessed we are. Think of how, when things are rough, we have a Best Friend who will never leave us.



Think of biblical promises that will fill our hearts with happiness. Think of how complete joy belongs to us as children of God. Think of love. Pretty much I'm a believer in all things happy.

I love to edit pictures. I love to fill them with inspiring quotes. I especially love to fill them with my favorite Scripture verse. I love to give them as gifts to people who may be struggling with certain situations. In my own life, I find as I search the Scriptures for verses on joy, love and peace, I feel comforted and uplifted.


Come back tomorrow to see how my mother uses my pictures to shelter others.

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Emily, I love what you've done with these pictures....especially that middles one. Love the pictures your mom turned into cards as well...you do a great job!

Kim M. said...

Nice!