Friday, April 8, 2011

It's Been Crazy



Part of being sane is being a little bit crazy. –Janet Long



Bravery. That’s the first word that comes to mind when I think of teachers allowing their students to thrust themselves into a full-fledged Crazy Week.

Last week was PHA’s annual Crazy Week. The week was full of mismatched clothing, slippers and cowboy boots, musical Christmas ties, Eeyore pajama pants, face paint and hair dye (washable, of course!). Mr. Scott, Mrs. Clemens, and Mrs. Coleman make sure we get the education we need, but oh boy, do they also make sure we get to have some fun mixed with our tireless efforts! It was refreshing to get out of the normal routine and go a little crazy.

It is easy to take for granted all of the many different things our teachers do for us every day. But when I stop to think about the hours they spend repeating the same formula over and over and over, trying to get it into our heads; or explaining the differences between gerunds, participles, and infinitives yet one more time; or patiently listening to us stumble through passages we have “memorized," I become extremely thankful for the time they invest in our lives.  Just knowing they truly care about each one of us, well, that’s indescribable.


I have been blessed to have attended Christian day schools from kindergarten through the present day, and as I reach the end of this chapter in my life, I become more and more grateful for this privilege. The theorems, postulates, punctuation rules, and history lessons do not begin to compare to the lessons I have been taught in the weekly chapels, and morning devotions, or personalized talks with my teachers. Each one in their own way has taught me so much, and has become a wonderful influence in my walk with the Lord. I treasure these times, and as I turn the page to discover the next chapter, I will remember their loving discipline, their encouragement, their instruction, and their friendship.

Linked to:

14 comments:

Nicole weaver said...

Hello,

New follower from Friday blog hop, please follow back at: http://mysisterismybestfriend.blogspot.com
http://marieandherfriendtheseaturtle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy Uncorked said...

Awwww! What a sweet post! I had the privelege of going to a Christian day school from 2nd grade through graduation - the memories and awesome teachers last a lifetime. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and following me - I'm following you now, too! :)

Aloha: When the Lights Go Out

Lisa at Rockland Mother said...

What a beautiful blog! God bless you and your family. I am a new blog hop follower and look forward to reading more!

Quirky Homemaker said...

What a great post! I love you ladies here! All of you write such great things. We're waffling right now about keeping our son in Christian school because of the cost. I'm happy to hear you say such nice things about it. Have a wonderful weekend!

aimee said...

Hi there! It's fun to get crazy a little bit. It makes life not boring. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Now your newest follower! Looking forward to read more of your posts! :)

Donnie said...

Sounds like they all had fun. I definitely appreciate all those that teach our young.

Katrina said...

Hi there! I'm your newest follower via the Welcome to the Weekend blog hop. My kids all attend Christian preschools -- I love the way they have "chapel" time and sing Christian songs. The teachers are always so loving... I just wouldn't send them anywhere else.
Have a great weekend!

www.theyallcallmemom.com

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

What a beautiful idea that you all blog together. You are going to cherish these writings. I'm so happy to have come by! Your site is heartwarming

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have really enjoyed your schooling. May God keep guiding your steps as you enter that new chapter in your life. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
Shelley

Nicole weaver said...

Oh My, Thanks for following me back. I could not spend too much time on your blog earlier today, because I was at work. I wanted to let you wonderful ladies know how blessed I am to peruse through your blog. Your blog oozes with Godly love, it is very evident you ladies walk with the love of God . I feel so very peaceful just reading your blog, it is truly amazing.
Abundant blessings from above,
Nicole Weaver
Children's Author
http://mysisterismybestfriend.blogspot.com
http://marieandherfriendtheseaturtle.blogspot.com

no spring chicken said...

You are lovely, what a gracious heart. I appreciate the way you show honor to your teachers! Keep up the kingdom work.

Blessings, Debbie

The Dickinsons said...

What a fun post! You probably won't know me, but I well remember Spirit week and especially Crazy day at SCCA...where your Dad was my principal. Tracy Moser and I tied for first place on Crazy Day...So, reading your post brought back fun memories to me. =) May God bless your future as you serve Him! I would have NEVER dreamed that I would be a missionaries wife living in South America...but Life serving Jesus is AWESOME and Adventurous! Just make sure you HANG ON FOR THE RIDE. =D
~Heather~
Bogota', Colombia

Wicked Chef # 1 - Linds said...

Thank you for the follow! I love the quote. You'll have to let me know if you try the Apple Cake. It is always a great hit. I can't wait to see more of your blog :) http://www.memoirs-of-2-wicked-chefs.blogspot.com/