Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Choosing Joy

I hope through the telling of my journey you will see, not a lonely figure walking this path of pain and grief, but my sisters surrounding me, arms intertwined with mine, sometimes even carrying me. It’s an individual journey, but it’s a story of the whole.

All of my sister's and my children and 
grandchildren came to hear us speak.  We 
had a lunch time snack in my room --10 
children and 8 adults! I found these two

munchkin cousins hanging together.
These are the words I chose to begin sharing my story of grief and pain.  So many of you wished to hear this, I am posting the link.  (This is a co-presentation with my sister who shares the story of choosing joy after the death of her husband.) I will warn you that it is a noisy recording and takes some time to download.  We are introduced about 43:00 on the counter.


Choosing Joy Really Does Matter

Handout with journaling prompts and quotes   http://www.scribd.com/doc/91322745/IHC1 

7 comments:

Holly Michael said...

beautiful blog! Cute kids. Glad I found your. Looking forward to more of your posts. Holly

Unknown said...

What little sweeties :)

Esther Asbury said...

Aww...my sweet niece Maddy.....now there's a perfect example of joy in the midst of physical handicaps....how many times she's convicted me with her ready smile and sweet personality!
BTW - Enjoyed your presentation VERY MUCH!

RicKaren said...

Thanks for sharing! I plan to find the time to listen soon!

Becky said...

Enjoyed hearing you at IHC.

Joan Hall said...

Pamela:

It was a blessing to hear your speaches. Both you and Melanie have joy written on your faces and in your voices. In spite of overwhelming sorrow and grief, you both chose joy.

I am sure that many were and will be blessed by your testimonies. Thank you so much for sharing this and please tell Melanie also.

Joan

Kim, USA said...

I am inspired thanks for sharing. ^_^