Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Share the Shelter Linkup #10

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORDSamuel 1:27–28


Photo by Kayla
Our home is all about babies these days.  Emily's friend, Katie, is eagerly waiting for the birth of her sweet Camden. Many of you will remember that Katie and her sister, Kayla, have been Emily's best friends since she was eight years old. It's an exciting time for Katie and Auntie Kayla so, of course, it is for Emily, too.

And you know they say, "When a child is born, so is a grandma." Since the soon-to-be-grandma just "happens" to be a dear friend of mine, I'm eagerly awaiting her permanent Nana status.


Photo by Kayla
We had another brand new baby dedicated to God Sunday. Barely a week old, Haley snuggled in her grandfather's arms as he prayed a prayer of dedication. Four generations stood before the altar.  Four generations who love God, live for Him and are teaching their children to love their God, too.

I believe those of us who are grandparents have a responsibility to the young parents who are raising their children in our world today. A responsibility to pray, to encourage, to offer the practical help of a supper casserole, a few hours of child care or a thinking-of-you card.  

It's sheltering time!


Photo by Kayla

Sharing the Shelter

Link up your sheltering ideas -- a recipe, craft or sewing project, a blog post sure to encourage or teach, or another sheltering idea you’d like to share? Link up and enjoy the ideas. Use them to go shelter.



21 comments:

Denise said...

Babies are precious gifts straight from God's heart.

Connie Nelson said...

You enjoy those babies, they are small for a minute! Thanks for hosting!

Mary Reed said...

Babies are such a precious gift from God! I love these pictures... The baby clothes on the line are adorable!
Blessings to you ~ Mary

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Grandma encouragement ~ so true.
God bless,
Anne♥

Denise said...

What a time of joy and excitement Pamela, for your daughter's friend and your family too! I just happen to be waiting for grandson number three myself; my youngest daughter's first. :) Our children are pure joy and bless our lives; I am so excited to be a part of this new baby in our family and share this time with her! :)

Lovely pictures and words of wisdom,
Denise :)

Elizabethd said...

It is such a joy being a grandmother, being able to spoil a little!

Beth said...

A beautiful post. The photos are wonderful.

Aritha V. said...

Thanks for this beautiful post! And what a sweet pics...

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Pamela, how exciting!

I wanted to let you know that I gave you an award on my blog post of yesterday, if you would like to check it out.

This morning, I found a quote that I thought you might enjoy:

"Flowers are lovely;
love is flower-like,
Friendship is a sheltering tree."
~ Coleridge

Thank you for your support and encouragement!

Kathy M.

Simply Shelley said...

Babies ...what a precious gift...Congrats and blessings

Unknown said...

Children are such a blessing!! I tear up when ever there is a baby dedication service :)

Leslie said...

Such a pretty post! I bet that you are excited!!! : )

Laurie Collett said...

What a blessing for you & for the babies too, to have a Godly Grandma like you! My "Baba" played a large part in raising me and was a wonderful role model of faith and prayer. Thanks for the great post & for hosting, & God bless!

Diane Ronzino said...

Pamela, I am Diane from "an encouraging word". You are a very prolific writier!

I just read about Sara. I am so very sorry for your loss. And your husband's words...wow...

I look forward to reading more and more!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela! Blessings to you and your quiver full!! It must be grand to be able to have your new babies near - my little Kenzie is 6 hours away in Massachusetts - they're coming in February and Ed and I hope to visit them in April. But - 2 or 3 visits a year is all we can handle with our work schedules.

Thank you for the hint about blocking Anonymous posts through the Settings controls - hadn't thought I could do that. I have it on Registered Users now - hope that takes care of it. Seemed to just start happening these past four months - haven't been in Blogland for over a week and when I checked in today there were 40 Anonymous posts - mostly in French!

Blessings to you and yours in Joy!
Kathy

Sharon said...

Pamela, though I have not yet enjoyed the blessing of becoming a *Nana* - I do celebrate the birth of every precious baby!

Looks like this dear one will be greatly loved by family, and your "extended" family!

GOD BLESS!

Mari said...

Hi Pamela,
Thanks for stopping at my blog. I've really enjoyed looking around here. This post is full of joy and I really loved the image in my mind of baby Haley being dedicated!

no spring chicken said...

"When a child is born, so is a grandma." That's me! I've never heard that before so I find it exciting that the first time I see the words, I get to own them.

I look forward to generational child rearing. We are blessed to have my great grandmother still with us so when my daughters baby is born in June we will have 5 generations! Amazing. :)

Amrita said...

Precious blessings.

May grace , peace and love be multiplied to you

jdmsmith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jdmsmith said...

Pamela, I am visiting for the first time! Love what you have posted! With my parents being Grandparent to my two girls, I don't think we could walk this life without their daily prayers for our kids! Grandparents prayers are a blessing! You are love, guidance, widsom, and so much more! God Bless you!