Saturday, June 8, 2013

Just Because He's God



Praising God is the ultimate end and aim of all we go through. "Whoso offereth praise glorifieth Me." What does it matter whether you are well or ill! whether you have money or none! It is all a matter of indifference; but one thing is not a matter of indifference, and that is that we are pleasing to the ears of God.

                                                                        --Oswald Chambers

Our Camron is two, and he makes my heart smile. When he saw me last night at his brother's Little League game his smile could have lit up a dark dugout. He threw his arms around me and settled in my lap for a bit. He loves me just because I'm his Mawmaw. Such enthusiastic love!  

I was thinking over my day and smiling over the memory when I heard that still, small voice of the Holy Spirit whisper, "God smiles over your effusive love, too." 

Lately God has just given me blessing after blessing. Desires-of-my-heart blessings. An editorial position, the sale of an article, extra time with my husband (who spent his weekend cooking for me so I could finish a writing project) and a new writers' group.

My cup overflows with gratitude. But sometimes I want to show my love to God just because He's God. The peony bouquet RB arranged for me gives voice to His creativity. His presence reminds me of His omnipresence. His promises coming true in my life indicates His faithfulness.  

God rules the universe, yet He's my God.  He knows all things, yet He's my God. He is holy, yet He's my God.  MY God -- a God who hears my prayers when others, too, are calling out to Him. 

In the words of Chris Tomlin my heart sings: Indescribable, Uncontainable, All-powerful, Untamable, Incomprehendable unchangeable  -- Amazing God!  

I can never be effusive enough in praising my God. The leadership, protection, and peace found only in Him. His grace and mercy -- so freely given. I see Him in every part of life. Even God's correction is cause for praise.  

And so today I praise. I sit in the stillness, and glory in Him. I worship in my "garden time." I ask nothing of God. No petitions, no requests. Just praise. Praise because "He is great and most worthy of all praise" (I Chronicles 16:25).

Just because He's my God.




Linked to







13 comments:

Beth said...

A beautiful post. Thank you!

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Thanks, what a great post... about love. Our Father's love :)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Pam, wonderful news...all!

Denise said...

Amen my friend.

Anonymous said...

So glad to read about the blessings you are experiencing! I rejoice in God's goodness with you. I also have those wonderful hugs that a grandchild gives.

Delvalina said...

Dear Ms. Pamela

My first time visiting your amazing blog. Full of blessing and inspirations.

It's always good being close with God and hearing His voice when He talking to us.

Your little Camron is cute! I love his eyes.

following you now

Blessing,
Delvalina

Aritha V. said...

Heel mooi/very beautiful Pamela! And what a great pics. Sweet boy!

Denise said...

Amen; what happiness, joy, and encouragement this brings to us! Love that song too!

Sweet blessings to you Pamela!
Denise

Karen said...

What a great grandson! Love this song. Have a wonderful week. Bless you

Lynda said...

God is definitely more than awesome to us! I like your attitude and outlook and LOVE your adorable grandson. He is very, very handsome.

Lisa notes... said...

What a beautiful Oswald Chambers quote.

And this is beautiful too:
"I can never be effusive enough in praising my God."

Amen, Pamela. I join you in praising God. Just because He's my God!

(I also love that Chris Tomlin song. Much praise here.)

Sharon said...

This was wonderful! Yes, I am also overwhelmed at the fact that the Almighty God who created and upholds the universe knows MY name, that He delights in ME, and He's my FRIEND!

Can't stop smiling over that!

GOD BLESS!

(Ohhhh...Camron is such a doll!!)

Annesphamily said...

Your family is so beautiful. I love this post. All your words just light me up for the Lord. I am so grateful I know you as it is a tough world and leaning on the goodness of other Christians is helping me cope with the wickedness that follows us in this life. My goodness I think of all the things the Lord created and I never forget Him. Everyday I thank Him for something I see in His great plan we call life. Thanks you