Friday, June 21, 2013

Whispered Desires



Come and sing, come and dance. The Father’s singing over you. Come rejoice and be glad. For God delights in you. ~Eric Grove




My granddaughter, Morgan, spent the night with me this week. When we were making plans she leaned close and whispered, "Maybe we can go shopping!" 



Morgan faces each adventure with delight. She sang "Oh Christmas Tree" waiting in line at Elder Beerman, making all around her smile. Sales people commented on her unprompted "Thank yous." Others in Bath and Body Works stopped to enjoy her delight in smelling and choosing perfume and lotion. Her eyes sparkled as brightly as the glittery belts we purchased. The part of my heart reserved for Sarah Morgan held such joy!



As a grandmother, I delighted in embracing and fulfilling Morgan's whispers. And I'm reminded of the times God has embraced and fulfilled my whispered "We coulds." Those unnecessary dreams that bring me extra happiness.  

Isn't it amazing that the God who formed the universe would care about my dreams -- even the smallest of them? Oh, His first desire for me is that I am holy. Yet as my striving for holiness brings Him joy, God gives me joy of my own. Even in the midst of my most painful times -- the sorrow of a loved one dying, the lost friendships, the exhaustion of physical pain, disappointments and heart hurts -- God gently places a desire in my hand and closes my fingers over it.  


Like Morgan, my eyes sparkle in excitement.  Those around me are aware I'm blessed as I sing, not Christmas carols, but songs of praise.

One thing I know that I have found. 
Through all the troubles that surrounds,  
You are the rock that never fails.  You never fail.  

One thing I know that I believe,
Through every blessing I receive,
You are the only One that stays. 
You always stay.


You never change, 

You're still the same,You are the Everlasting God. ~Joy Miranda
 


I believe as God watches me delight in my fulfilled desire, the place in His heart reserved for Pamela Jane is filled with joy.  And His joy becomes my strength.
  
 



22 comments:

Irene said...

What lovely thoughts, we are indeed lucky to be a people of a loving God.

Delvalina said...

Amen! He delights our souls satisfy us :)
How He loves us and we are proud daughters.
Sarah Morgan is beautiful. I'm sure you are blessed.

Blessing,
Delvalina

www.delvalinatuanger.blogspot.com

Buttercup said...

What a sweet, sweet little girl!

Denise said...

Really nice thoughts.

Courtney said...

I think that one reason children are such a gift from God is that they help us understand a parent's love so much better - and in that way we can begin to grasp and marvel at God's love for us, his children. It is amazing. You've written about that here so beautifully.

Esther Asbury said...

It makes me feel especially loved when God grants those little "I wishes" or maybe gives me something "over the top" that I hadn't even thought of yet!
I agree with Courtney in her previous comment -- being a parent has helped me understand God in a whole new way.....and it's amazing!

Stephanie said...

"His joy becomes my strength." What perfect words! I will be writing those down to remember, thank you :) Your posts are always an encouragement to my heart. Have a beautiful weekend!

Hugs to you!

Unknown said...

Amen and AMEN! I was reminded of just that truth this week during my Bible study - shared all about it at SandwichINK.com :) And what joy to hear about it from you as well! Thanks for a lovely visit.

RicKaren said...

Lovely thoughts--sweet little girl!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

she's a delightful girl and you're a wise woman to encourage that delight.

Ruth said...

To hear your heart for your sweet grand daughter and then think of God loving me like that and wanting to fulfill my desires is exciting. Oh, how he loves us, oh, how he loves us...
Have a great week!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

First...little Morgon is adorable and I love her asking, can we go shopping. The other thing is how kids teach us so much...the important things....His things. Have a super week Pamela.

Janis Van Keuren said...

The Lord is so gracious in giving us a desire "and closing our hand" around it while we are hurting inside. He knows us perfectly and finds the joy to carry us through.

Lovely story and analogy, Pam.

Blessings,
Janis

Anonymous said...

LOVE this delightful story of your granddaughter and how you related that to you and to our Father.

Especially the line about placing desire in your hands and his fingers around it! So beautiful! Those words are rolling on my tongue like a lifesaver. Thanks Pamela! ~ Pam, apples of gold

Lynda said...

Beautiful words in this post - - and a beautiful granddaughter! She looks like a delight for company. Little girls and stuffed animals - - a natural combination!

Anonymous said...

Precious child and an encouraging message.

Sharon said...

I loved these photos, Pamela - and the precious story that they conveyed. And yes, the spiritual lesson was so encouraging to me. How often I need to remind myself that God is delighted in me.

Sigh.

:)

GOD BLESS!

N Abram said...

Thanks for a wonderful post! Our God is awesome and knows us in depth. Blessings. N.

Beth said...

A beautiful post Pamela. Thank you!

Annesphamily said...

Really beautiful thoughts and your grand daughter is darling. You really use Scripture to paint a beautiful picture and I feel very blessed to knw you here. Thank you.

Sarah said...

Simply precious.

Delighted to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip into some serious momma goodness.

And I would be honored to have you come and splash some other moms as well (with this post or another momma fave) I jot some notes on Mondays. But its a link up whenever you can sort of thing, I get the filled to the brim momma schedules.

Just moms. Sharing our notes. Creating a melody.

http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/07/run-momma-run.html

Splashin,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I have commented before, but I just want to say how precious this post is to me and I have shared it with many who are struggling. Thank you and God bless.