Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Gifting Books: Audrey Bunny


Each time you open a book and read it, a tree smiles knowing there is life after death.  ~Unknown



There's a parents' page in the back
for parents to interact with their child.
I was delighted to find Aubrey Bunny in Amazon's new book list.  I have been following Breezy Bookshire's emerging talent for several years. Her illustrations in this book are delightful. I was surprised to read the flyleaf and find out Breezy lives in Marion, Indiana where RB works and our Emily studies. 







Gift with white chocolate pink bunnies and a soft brown bunny

Angie Smith, wife of Todd Smith who sings lead in Selah, wrote Audrey Bunny. It wasn't until I received the book that I realized that I have also followed Angie's blog, Bring the Rain.  I'm sure there are many of you follow it, too. And if so, you are not surprised that she named the bunny Audrey and the little girl Caroline. They were named after her daughter, Audrey Caroline, who lived only two and a half hours after her birth, yet touched so many in those few hours.


Audrey Bunny wanted to belong to someone, to be chosen, yet she had a mark, an imperfection, that she thought made her unlovable. But Caroline knew...well I'll just let you find out for yourself what Caroline knew.

We, too, long to be chosen, to belong, yet our imperfections make us feel we are unworthy in God's eyes. Unworthy of His love, unworthy of His grace, unworthy of His blessings.  

In His hands, God holds our mars, yet in His heart He holds so much love--love that fills the hands, covering our mars. God loves us -- just the way we are. When we truly grasp that thought our hearts respond, I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well (Psalm 139:14).



Linked to: 

5 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What a delightful quote, it grabbed me instantly. The book looks lovely and, while I don't follow her blog, I do know of it and her amazing story.

Elizabethd said...

That sounds like a delightful book. I would love to read the adventures of Audrey bunny!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Pam, for sharing about this book. I really want to buy the book :-) so appreciate your sharing about it. I love the author's artwork and chalkboard prints too. It is so nice to share different thoughts and finds back and forth just like we are talking with each other as we blog.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...


Sounds like a sweet little book.
Blessings,
Laura
Harvest Lane Cottage

Esther Asbury said...

Love this line from your post: "In His hands, God holds our mars, yet in His heart He holds so much love--love that fills the hands, covering our mars."
Your post makes my heart sing this morning!