Thursday, November 7, 2013

Love Begins at Home


Love begins at home, and it's not how much we do...but how much love we put into that action. ~Mother Teresa


It's not often I can have RB with me throughout the day. Directing a Liberal Arts program keeps him busy; add to that online teaching and doctoral degree pursuits, he's pretty much working fifteen to seventeen hours a day.

I'm learning to love Thursdays, though, thanks to his awesome boss that makes it possible for my RB to work from his home office. It doesn't always happen -- last week he was in meetings all day -- but days like today make me smile.

Oh, I don't get as much done -- cooking eggs and bacon, warming soup and breadsticks, mixing up a batch of his fav cookies (butterscotch oatmeal), and other concentration zappers, but I'm happy for the trade off.



Today he was conducting telephone interviews in the faculty hiring process.  Interesting to hear his side of the conversation in the background, yet my mind wandered a bit and I wondered, What if God conducted interviews for us to get the job of Christian?  

What do you think is the best part of being a Christian?

What do you think will be the hardest roadblock to overcome to be victorious as a Christian?

What strengths do you bring to the body of Christ?

There are so many steps to joining the faculty of a university. How thankful I am of the short list to become a Christian:

Acknowledge your sinful nature: For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard (Romans 3:23).

Believe that Jesus is the Son of God: Anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life (John 3:26).


Repent of your sins: You will perish, too, unless you repent of your sins and turn to God (Luke 13:3).

Receive Jesus as your Savior: If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9).

So today as I am listening to yet another interview, I am thankful to have my husband home. And I'm rejoicing as I work for the King of Kings. My love is possible because of His love.


Linked to:
http://christianmommyblogger.com




7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Now THAT (being interviewed about being/becoming a Christian) is an interesting thought, Pamela?

I'm thankful it doesn't depend on me...that there is power & grace for each challenge and an eternal hope (and SO much more).

How nice for you to have Thursdays with RB!

Rebecca said...

I have no idea why I placed a "?" at the end of the first sentence above. Please ignore!

Ceil said...

Hi Pamela! I bet he loves to be home too, you make it such a warm and inviting place. I hope that the test to be a Christian would be graded on the curve. I might know all the right things to say, but some days I understand them better than others.

My strength in being a Christian is that I hold the life of God in my soul. I think that's what will get me in!
Have a great weekend :)
Ceil

Esther Asbury said...

I'm with you on enjoying the days my sweetheart is home.
Sounds like RB's home is haven he enjoys spending time in!

Jennifer Dougan said...

Hi Pamela,

How fun that you get to have your man home for a those days. It's neat to savor those times, huh?

Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com

Stephanie said...

It is always such a sweet blessing to have your husband home :) My darling hubby took yesterday and today off since we are packing to move into a new home and it is so lovely to have him here, to sneak in extra hugs and precious laughter.

Thank you for this wonderful post - it was a joy to read. Happy weekend!

Connie Arnold said...

It sounds like a wonderful way to spend a Thursday! Such a blessing for you to have your husband home and you are such a blessing to him. I'm thankful we don't have to interview to be Christians but it is easy to do. Blessings to you, Pamela!