Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Patience in the Waiting

God has perfect timing: never early, never late; it takes a little patience and faith but it's worth the wait. ~unknown


This girl of mine is waiting. The days are being counted, to-do items are crossed out, songs added to the ceremony and Pinterest ideas for decorating a home poured over. She's menu planning, grocery shopping on a budget and cooking our meals. Yes, they even planted a garden. 



Today, in our hotel far from home, a painting project is drying. I watched her work and smiled. Because even in the midst of wanting to hang on to mothering, I'm filled with excitement. She's waited more than three years and the count is under 200 days. 


Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to have a good attitude while waiting (Joyce Meyer). So this girl of mine is waiting, and patiently waiting--her sweet attitude shining. 



I can learn from her. This waiting on prayer answers requires patience. So with faith, and joy in my attitude, I'll wait. For as Neil Maxwell said, Faith in God includes faith in His timing.

What are you waiting for?
Linking to:



13 comments:

Sharon said...

I am waiting for a season of discouragement and sadness to pass. Knowing that God is in it, too - ever near, and continuing to work His purposes.

GOD BLESS!

Denise said...

Waiting on my health to be restored.

Rebecca said...

I can learn from her, too! (I like J.M.'s definition of patience.) Waiting - and patience - have been part of my recovery from hip replacement surgery. And indeed, attitude makes a HUGE difference!

Linda Stoll said...

Come, Lord Jesus, come ...

Joy said...

Wonderful, inspiring post:)

Anonymous said...

Waiting...knowing the LORD is with me I can wait. I am waiting for healing, physical and emotional. He cares for me no matter how long. I wait.
Great words for me.
Caring through Christ, ~ linda

Terra said...

I often think that gardeners and Christians are hopeful people, and the photo with the quote reminded me of that.

Gospel Gurl said...

I'm waiting on a big answer to prayer for a situation in my family. This post put it so well! Blessings. cathyzpeek.com

Ceil said...

Hi Pam! That is a long time to wait, what a perfect image of patience. We learn so much from our families, don't we?

I am waiting for a job for my husband. He's been out of work for a very long time. I guess I could give up, but I want to put my faith in the Lord. He will be our champion!
Blessings,
Ceil

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your daughter's decision and up-coming marriage. I believe the really important stuff happens in the wait - so just think of all the amazing things God is doing right now.

I want to leave you with this - it's a prayer for my son's wife - but is also a prayer for your son-in-law:
http://bluecottonmemory.wordpress.com/2009/06/20/prayer-for-my-sons-wife/

Valerie said...

What a lovely post. My oldest daughter just married this past Friday. After much prayer and hope, God sent the perfect gentleman just for her. All of my 'waiting' was worth it. =) Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Renee said...

Love this post! What a sweet reminder for all of us that God is good & His timing is perfect. Thanks for visiting me at Doorkeeper, Pamela. Blessings!

Unknown said...

Hi Pamela!! This is a beautiful story of your daughter waiting. I am so glad that she did wait and will continue to wait until the day of her marriage. What a beautiful story so much like us waiting for Christ's return.