Friday, July 18, 2014

5 Ways to Listen to Candlelight


The light of a candle welcomes, inspires and warms not only your soul, but the souls of the ones you choose to share it with.



1. Candlelight says, "Welcome Home." 
RB loves to look through the window when he arrives home and see candles glowing. He knows he's entering a place prepared for him to "come home." With allergies restricting candle scents, I use fruit or food scents -- especially his favorites of cinnamon or clove.
2.  Candlelight says, "Slow Down."
When candles are lit on the dinner table, you linger longer after dinner. Emily's Jonathon loves candles and is the self-appointed candle lighter. It's easy to sit and share our day, laugh, and listen to goals and dreams. Floating candles in a crystal bowl are Jonathon's favorites.
3. Candlelight says, "Calm Down."
A modern way of stating this is Calm down and light a candle. When your spirit is troubled, light a collage of candles and just sit. You'll find the frustrations of the day melt away as the flames flicker and the scent fills your space. Lavender and sandalwood are calming scents.
4. Candlelight says, "Let's Get Going."
Before I begin to clean my home, I light the candles. They give me energy and the rays they spread on my polished tables keeps me cleaning. Lighting a peppermint or eucalyptus candle will rev you up even more. 
5. Candlelight says, "Happy, Happy."
Candles give every celebration a little extra kick. Birthdays get candles on cakes, Christmas brings the merry with pine and gingerbread candles. Pumpkin pie and apple cider puts the gratitude in Thanksgiving and when winter seems eternal, scents like lilac and peach envelope us with the promise of spring.


The warm glow and refreshing aroma from all kinds of candles are wonderful, but the best candlelight to set the mood of your home is yourself. When you have spent time with the Heavenly Father, the light of His blessing shines in your soul, and radiates throughout your home. So before you light the candles, kneel and light your soul. 


Linked to:
The Charm of Home




7 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Candlelight is so beautiful. I love the different scents you can use.mI like the Yankee Candles best. I am leery of candles with foreign parts! I saw a special on 60 minutes I believe stating how they can cause carcinogens. I really look for purchases made in the USA these days and I pray a lot. It seems like everywhere you go people no longer take pride in their work. But I am happy I stopped by. Your post is lovely and I always get joyful when I come over. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs, Anne

Rebecca said...

What a great reminder about the nuances and influence of candles' light and scents! I think I'll light one right now!

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

We are neighbors today over at Baribe's place for The Weekend Brew! I love this! I have a Scentsy burner and I love it for the scents - but I really do miss my candles! I burn them more in the fall and winter months, but this post made me want to burn some in this season too!

Michelle said...

Thank you for this insight on candles. I love candles. The fragrance can be so calming.

Thank you for stopping by and leaving some comment love.

Valerie said...

What a beautiful post! I love to light candles when I clean house too. It does make everything so inviting and warm. Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

Unknown said...

I love candles and so appreciated the warmth of this post!! Thank you so much for sharing at the Saturday Soiree Blog Party!! I can't wait to see what you share next week!

Lisa notes... said...

You're making me want to go light a candle right now, Pamela. :) And why not? Thanks!