Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Shining with Sun-Joy



When I dwell on the goodness God has expressed towards me, my heart rises up like an artesian well, my eyes gush forth joy that waters my face and leaves the observer in wonder. Gary Amirault

Papaw, watching through the camera lens of love, captured the joy. It shone through little baby blues and was heard in the giggles of a tiny one made with snakes and snails and puppy dog tails.




I wonder if the world, looking through the lens of disappointment, pain and disillusionment, can see our joy. Do they see earthy, fleeting happiness purchased with a new couch, eaten with a six-course meal in a classy new restaurant, or worn with a way-over-budget pair of shoes? 

Or looking through their lens of regret and despair, do they see an authentic man or woman who is washed clean in the blood of Jesus, stooping to love those bound by Satan? 




Someone who will take the time even when they don't have the time? 

Someone who has clean hands and a pure heart who will get their heart-hands dirty to be Christ to them? 

Someone whose bank account was built through the sweat of their brow, willing to pay for a bowl of rice in a third world country or car repairs on a worn out car?

Do they see someone more concerned with those the Lord loves than with those the world worships? 

If our world is every-day-same little children do they see sweet momma-joy? 




Are we willing to get our hands dirty, our hearts stomped on, our love rejected so through the world's camera lens they can see our joy?

Vine-grown joy (Galatians 5:22).

Joy that gives us strength (Nehemiah 8:10).

Morning joy (Psalm 30:5).

Exceeding joy (Psalm 43:4).

God-given joy (Ecclesiastes 2:36)

What photograph will the hurting world capture of you today?



                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Friendship Friday



8 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

So many hurting in my family and friend base right now. It is good to share some bits of joy with them.

Fondly,
Glenda

GranthamLynn said...

Great post as always. I loved your photo's and the scripture!
Thanks for sharing.
Sherry

Lisa notes... said...

I've been meditating this week on John 15:11 about having Christ's joy in us. It just seems too good to be true! I don't always "feel" it, but I know his promises are true so I want to take it at face-value. So thanks for sharing this today about joy!

GranthamLynn said...

Hi thanks for coming by and leaving a sweet comment. I would love it if you would mention the Christmas linky. Feel free to link an old post if you have one. I'll expect one after the wedding! What a beautiful display of God's perfect plan than to have a Christmas wedding. Congratulations to the couple.

Annesphamily said...

I am reading your comments here and agree with Lisa. It has been a difficult week and finding some joy is difficult too. But I hang on to my faith in Christ and know He will remain an ever present perfect balance in my life. It is good to visit Pamela. Thank you always for sharing.

Renee said...

I so enjoyed reading all your posts from this week---this one & God's Style & Listening to Candlelight. Soaking it all in! Thanks for sharing your heart with us & for visiting me at Doorkeeper. Blessings!

S.L. Payne said...

Loved your photos- such pure joy and reminded me of my boys :) I wish I could bottle that joy! Loved how you talked about being more concerned with others and finding joy through that because I think we tend to get so caught up in looking for joy itself, we forget that God blesses us with it when we are simply following Him. Thanks for sharing!
-S.L. Payne
uncommongrace.net

Judith Kowles said...

Thanks Pamela for such a special post. You are making the best graphics.