Sunday, February 22, 2015

Holy Truths


Prayer is simply a two way conversation between you and God. ~Billy Graham


It was a bone chilling day, and I quickly jumped into the van as Melanie pulled up. Looking back to greet my littlest of grandchildren, I watched his face crumple into tears. As his sweet boy hand patted the seat next to him, I suddenly understood. “Do you want me to sit back with you?” Camron’s disparaging face transitioned to hope as I quickly exited the passenger seat and climbed in beside him. He chattered, smiled, and reached for my hand. Each time I think of it, I delight in the love of this small boy.



God uses our day-to-day ordinary experiences to teach holy truths. As I rise each day, I hear my Heavenly Father patting the seat beside His throne. He’s disappointed when I go about my day without taking time to sit beside Him. He loves to hear my chatter. He delights when I show my love to Him through my praise. His love language is time; God receives joy when we are eager to be with Him.




1. Be intimate in your conversation 
Approach the throne with a clean heart. 

2. Be effusive in your praise 
Praise God for what He has done, and for what He will do. 

3. Be consistent your petitions for others 
Put the needs of others before your own. 

4. Be confident in your petitions 
Exercise faith as you pray. 

5. Be honest in your needs. 
Be specific. Is it a need or a want? 

6. Rest in God's presence
Don't hurry through your prayers.

7. Claim God’s Word. 
Use the promises of God as you pray. 
"My God will richly fill your every need in a
glorious way through Christ Yeshua"
(Philippians 4:19)



5 comments:

Karin said...

Thank you for this meaningful post!

Rebecca said...

Not sure why, but this is the first time your post showed up in my "reading list" (blogger). I'm glad to be back on track with your posts--also to be Facebook friends!

I tried to catch up a bit and especially was interested in your one word - focus.

Looks like the newlyweds are happily settled. What a beautiful bride she was/is!

Esther Asbury said...

Beautifully written and straight to the heart --- just what I needed today!

Sharon said...

I loved the heartwarming story with your grandson - so precious. And to think that the Lord wants this closeness with us, too - well, that's such a blessing.

Prayer is conversation, and I often think of how much I love when my sons keep in touch with me, and talk to me. This is what our heavenly Father wants, too.

GOD BLESS!

RicKaren said...

I can't even count into the times my children have taught me a lesson through their everyday words and actions. Wonderful post-I'm still reading them all. :)