Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The "In Valid" Woman


You are valuable just because you exist. Not because of what you do, or what you have done, but simply because you are. Max Lucado.


It's a close companion. I take it everywhere. On those times I forget it at home, I am invariably sorry. When it's in the hands of Landon, he'll ask, "What's your password, Mamaw?" When little Camron has it, I find new games -- free or purchased -- on it. I, myself, have purchased books upon books to feed it. I love touching a word and finding its definition. I love carrying hundreds of books in my purse. But hearing the resident Kindle female reader -- sometimes not so much.



The book I'm reading now is centered around an invalid. And hearing chapter after chapter with the dear woman proclaimed as "in valid" almost makes me feel like she isn't important.  It was last night as I listened I realized why it frustrated me so much -- too many woman hear in valid through the earphones of life. Women who turn their house into a home, women who raise their children to love God, women who re-enter the work field to provide for their children, or women who work behind the scene in ministry. 

We all experience different circumstances. Some of us are single mothers, some are empty nesters, and still others are defined by our careers. When a divorce requires us to leave our children at a daycare, we hear the in-valid words from those who believe a stay-at-home mother is best. When we are a stay-at-home mother we hear the domestic engineer career sneered upon. When our faith career of mentor, choir member, mail encourager, right-to-life center volunteer, or the beautiful gift of hospitality, is disparaged upon, we see the in-valid word stamped on our forehead again.


But we are not in-valid! We are not unworthy! Wherever we are in life, God gives us validity. It takes courage to sample these words, to internalize their truths.  To truly believe that in this time, in this life you have, you are doing your best. To truly believe that in the ministry God has placed you, you are giving it your all.

We many never speak to hundreds. We may never write a best-selling book. We may never be awarded  mother-of-the-year. But if we are doing our best, in accordance with God’s will, where we are, we are valid! We are worthy! Claim those words. Write them on your heart and on the mirrors of your home. Think of them on those days when life is hard and you wonder if your life has purpose. My Kindle may declare you as in-valid, your critics may sneer and count you as unworthy. But God, your Heavenly Father, knows you are valid -- and He calls you His!   


Linked to:

http://3dlessons4life.com/thought-provoking-thursday-welcome/ 

5 comments:

SuzyQ said...

Amen, again, dear Friend. I need to remember that!

Mindy said...

Members of the body, and each has their part! Thanks for the reminder. =)

Rebecca said...

That "in-valid" would bug me, too! Sounds like you're getting your money's worth from that kindle :)
Good for you.

And Amen to your reminder - straight from God's heart ♥

Mindy said...

Interesting how Kindle pronounces invalid. Thankful Thad God finds me valid and worthy.

Annesphamily said...

I am thankful that God feels I am important to Him. I am glad He leads me to others that trust Him too, thank you for your words Pamela.