Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Chapter Five: Incorruptable Beauty


When we seek to know everything about everyone, to find out every detail about the ups and downs of people's lives, and hear all about the nitty-gritty of every little saga they go through, we quickly become the "busybody" warned against in 1 Peter 4:15. ~Leslie Ludy

Chapter Five is Incorruptible Beauty: Exchanging Drama and Gossip for a quiet spirit. 




Questions to ask yourself:

1. Is your life built around Jesus or around the latest gossip?
2. Do you pass on gossip through prayer requests?
3. Does the drama on social media eat away at your energy? 
4. Does meddling in other people affairs make your heart happy?
5. Are you eager to stir up controversy on Facebook? 
6. Do you post hurtful articles or status updates pointed to specific       people or groups of people?

I was convicted when I read this question of Leslie's. Are we showcasing the incorruptible beauty of a Christ-consumed heart, or are we too busy gossiping with our girlfriends? I am a peace lover. I back away from conflict as fast as I can. But I admit to a bit of enjoyment of hearing other's conflicts -- a fascination of the pettiness of others. I'm asking God for a Christ-consumed heart.



There are real-life adventures where we can use our time and energy and find fulfillment:

1.Training your children in the ways of God
2. Ministering to the needs of our husbands
3. Rescuing orphans
4. Feeding the hungry 
5. Opening your home to foster-care children
6. Practicing hospitality
7. Sharing the Gospel



Learning and putting this verse into practice will go a long way in helping us become a set-apart woman. Let's release the drama and live in peace. Like a bee to nectar, others will be drawn to our quiet and peaceful lives. 

 




After My Coffee Blog Hop Linky Party at Prairie Dust Trail



4 comments:

Shannon Wallace said...

Dear Pam, I'm very behind in the book. But I just wanted to say that this post is so vitally important! Thank you for sharing your heart with us. For being bold and brave enough to "call us out" in the arena of gossip and social media.

Karen said...

This is a very good reminder. Thank you. There are so many good things we can spend our time thinking about!

Anita Johnson said...

I wish I could memorize the last paragraph of your post. Release the drama, it seems the world thrives on that. A good reminder, thank you.

Phyllis Sather said...

Glad I stopped by from After my Coffee. Great reminders and lessons we all need to learn again from time to time. Thanks for taking time to share it with us.