Tuesday, June 2, 2015

June Reading List


You'll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. John C. Maxwell


For every book I read, five more get added to my reading list. I don't know who wrote those words, but how true is it? It's true for this reader. So even though I failed to read all the May books, a good twenty more are on my list. 



This month I'm trying something different. After reading 
Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives by Gretchen Rubin, and Darrell Stetler's blog (https://darrellstetler2.wordpress.com/) , I have been challenged to become more productive and bring more order to my days. So this month I am focusing on books Gretchen and Darrell recommend. The list is long, because many of the books are on Kindle and I can read them in an evening or two. They also are on Kindle Unlimited, so I read many of them for free. 


Then, RB brought in an Amazon box. I had pre-ordered Pamela Havey Lau's book, A Friend in Me: How to be a safe haven for other women. So of course I need to add that to my list. 


Here's the list with links:
A Better Way to Think H. Norman Wright
The Better Life Claire Diaz-Ortiz
Habit Stacking S. J. Scott
The Motivation Switch A. J. Winters
Mini Habits Stephen Guise
Writing Habit Mastery S. J. Scott
Master Evernote S. J. Scott
Bad Habits no More S. J. Scott


Wise men and women are always learning,

always listening for fresh insights.

Proverbs 18:15



What are you reading this month?


Linked to: 

Little by Little

Creative K Kids

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm currently reading a book on prayer by E.M. Bounds - actually, I believe it is a compilation of several books. (I'm too lazy to go upstairs to get the actual title. I left it by my bed.) I want to find some good fiction to read this summer, but haven't taken the time to track it down.

It sounds like you're going to be very busy - AND very motivated and energized for a productive summer!

Terra said...

That book Bad Habits No More sounds useful. Like you I read a book and then hear of a few more I want to read. We buy so many books that my husband and I are in the habit of giving away books to our neighborhood Little Free Libraries, which makes room for more books.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for this wonderful list, Pamela. :) The one that caught my eye the most is "Never Check Email In The Morning"...hmmm...that title got me to thinking...maybe enough to get the book! I appreciate the recommendations!! God bless you, my friend.

Renee said...

Interesting list of books. So many! You do love to read! I just finished reading Bill Johnson's book, The Supernatural Power of a Transformed Mind. Also a book by the Praying Medic on healing stories. Fascinating.

Kim Cunningham said...

I'm intrigued by all the habit books!