Monday, September 7, 2015

The Chaos of Life



God's end is to enable me to see that he can walk on the chaos of my life just now. ~Oswald Chambers


There I was huddled in bed, one cold pack on the back of my head, and one over my eyes. The heating pad across my shoulders. I wasn't sure why everything was turning black when I tried to get up, or why I was shaking and my teeth chattering. A quick check of my sugar level answered the question -- 524, certainly higher than the 110 I aimed for.



I was distraught. There were writing projects to complete, a leadership conference to attend, speaking scripts to write, and my house was screaming for some loving.

As I lay there in the dark, my God began to calm me, helping me release the conference from my heart and gripping hands, silencing the dust bunnies playing tag on top of every surface, and helping me change some self-imposed deadlines. It was God walking on the chaos of my life. He wasn’t tiptoeing; He was embossing His footprints on my chaos. 



With my doctor doing some medicine-tinkering, my sugars are near to normal. My writing projects are all delivered. And through all the chaos, God has walked with me, encouraging, calming and blessing in spite of the chaos.







14 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh Pamela, what a fright! But you know, I understand how sometimes God has to use a *firmer* hand to stop us, and to redirect us into a new attitude, a deeper lesson, or a much-needed place of rest. He is the God of all comfort, and the greatest encouragement in the midst of life's struggles. Glad to hear that your sugar levels are stabilizing. And thank you for reminding me that "through all the chaos" God walks with us.

GOD BLESS!

Esther Joy said...

Hope you are feeling/doing much better, Pamela! Thanks for this reminder that God is always there... even in the middle of our chaos! Maybe ESPECIALLY in the middle of our chaos!

Denise said...

Praise God for helping you feel better.

Unknown said...

I'm a type 1 diabetic, so I TOTALLY get it. Goodness. Those days when the blood sugars are exactly what I don't want are so frustrating, especially when I'm not sure why. I'm grateful there are so many good days than bad days, and I hope that's the case for you. I'm glad I linked up next to you at SDG.

Denise said...

What a beautiful writer You are.Thank You Lord for walking on the chaos of Our life and not leaving Us there to drown.-Your Sister in Christ-Denise

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of God walking on our chaos right now. So calming to think that he can do this.

Marissa Writes said...

God promises to walk with us, a head of us and follow us. It is such an amazing promise and a comfort. So glad that He has been with you in the chaos you've been living.

Marissa

Reading List

Marie said...

chaos and craziness are no surprise to God and I'm super thankful for that or else He would always be shaking his head at me.

Thanks for sharing and encouraging others that fight this very same battle!

Miss Kathy said...

How frightful, Pam!!

Hubby is on the brink of diabetes and watching his sugar levels, too. We've had some scares this year--but not like your chaos. BUT--Glory! Your post has put a phrase ("walking on my chaos") in my heart and mind that I will take into this week. A nourishing bit of honey from the bitter juices of your circumstances. (Yep--see my post this week! Same topic.)

Thank you for holding tight to His hand so you have sweet things to share with those of us who need encouragement . . . and a sheltering tree.
Joy!
Kathy

Caroline @ In Due Time said...

so glad He calmed you! He is with you every step of the way!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. I'm glad you are feeling better. God is amazing, how he can heal.

Helen Jayne Kerr said...

So reassuring to know God is always there! Thank you for sharing.

Melanie B. said...

I think sometimes God uses situations like this to force us to slow down and refocus. I'm glad your sugar is back to normal and you managed to get everything done.

Chari said...

Amen. Sometimes God has to SIT US DOWN for us to be still and listen. Glad you are doing ok! God bless!