Saturday, April 23, 2011

My Lord of Easter.


We live and die; Christ died and lived!  ~John Stott





I missed hearing the trio Melanie is in sing this song by Stuart Christopher Townsend tonight.  It's one of my favorites.   

Easter 2010



How deep the Father's love for us!
How vast beyond all measure,
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure.

How great the pain of searing loss;
The Father turns His face away,
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory.

Behold the man upon a cross;
My sin upon His shoulders.
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers.

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished.
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished.

I will not boast in anything --
No gifts, no power, no wisdom,
But I will boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection.

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart --
His wounds have paid my ransom!

It looks like I'll miss tomorrow's special music, too.  RB and Renae playing The Holy City, an ensenble singing, a brass trio... We are blessed with beautiful music and yes, I'd like to hear it.  But lying here thinking about our music, I had to rejoice.  Seeing my grandbabies dressed for Easter,  their eyes sparkle when they hear the duck I got them giggle, having them come to mawmaw's for lunch really has nothing to do with why I'm rejoicing. 

I'm rejoicing in the resurrection of my Lord and Savior.  The same Lord who offered the first communion to His disciples.  The same Lord Judas betrayed with a kiss.  The same Lord Peter denied.  The same Lord who was beaten and hanged on a cruel cross.

He's my Lord and it doesn't matter where I am.  Those protecting our country in Iraq are rejoicing in my Lord.  Those sharing the good news of Jesus in other countries are rejoicing in my Lord.  My sweet grandbabies stirring up the resurrection cookies are learning to rejoice in my Lord.  In and out of the rooms of Saint John's we will be rejoicing in my Lord.  Emily and I, in Room 530, will be rejoicing in our Lord.



Photo by Emily


The Father's deep love -- that's why I rejoice.

      The agony of the Chosen One -- that's why I rejoice.

           My sin that held Jesus on the cross -- that's why I rejoice.

                 His wounds that paid my ransom -- that's why I rejoice.

                     My Lord of Easter -- that's why I can rejoice -- wherever I am! 

Linked to



15 comments:

noreen said...

Beautifully said Pamela! Have a Blessed Easter!

Angela said...

Praying for your healing. Have a blessed Easter.

Veronica Lee said...

Beautiful!

Have a blessed Easter!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I am glad you are sensing God's Easter presence there in room 530. Praying you get home soon and finish your recovery there. Does the hospital have WIFI?

Fondly,
Glenda

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Beautiful!
Happy Easter, HE is risen indeed!
Blessings to you Pamela,
Cindy

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I love this song, it brings tears to my eyes every time I sing it.
God Bless,
Ginger

Mindy said...

Happy Easter! Great song. Glad you are celebrating today!

Renee said...

This is a lovely post! That song always touches my heart. We sang it this past Sunday. Hope your recovery continues quickly. Blessings!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i was blessed by your post. thanks for sharing! a blessed Easter season!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

Rebecca said...

What beautiful poetry. I'm not sure I know that song, but I WILL try to find the tune.

Dear Pamela, I've obviously been out of commission for awhile. (Actually, just busy keeping up with visiting grandchildren.) I'm going back to find out what put you in the hospital.

Charlotte said...

I'm praying Easter blessings for you. I love the song The Holy City. I listen to it on my iPod while I'm riding the stationary bike at the gym.
Charlotte

Cathy said...

Beautiful ~ Praying you have a blessed week ~

Amy said...

He is risen indeed! Happy belated Easter :D

no spring chicken said...

How deep the father's love for us... Definitely one of my favorite praise hymns.

Blessings, Debbie

Karen said...

Beautiful post and hymn...this is my favorite line:

"His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished."