Thursday, July 3, 2014

Banner Waves of Pride


I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him. ~Abraham Lincoln


It’s my country. The home of my brave – Uncle Arthur, Cousin Jim, Friend Ray, Great-nephew Joshua and almost-kin Nathaniel. It’s free because of my brave and your brave. I worship freely because of this bravery. I go about my life without fear of insurgent fire or oppression when I leave my home in this sweet land of liberty. 


I am reminded often of the need to pray for our country. And I do. But how often do I reach up to grab God’s hand and give thanks for my brave home? Thank Him for this home I love? For the corn fields surrounding me here in Indiana and the Christmas tree abundance in my childhood home of Pennsylvania? For states where you call home?



I stand aware of our country's need for God. That without Him our country will never achieve the greatness God intended. We need a 2 Chronicles 7:15 revival. One where we humble ourselves, pray, seek God and repent. The one where we have the promise of God hearing and forgiving when we carry out our part.


I may not be one of the brave soldiers, but I can be a brave soldier of prayer. It's the part I can do. And will do. But, in the words of Cherishe Walker, I will also be filled with star-spangled happiness and banner waves of pride. 


These photographs are of an early 4th celebration planned, crafted, cooked and served by my daughter, Emily.
Linked to:


2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Great job Emily! Everything looks so lovely (and yummy!).

Phyllis said...

A very good reminder! Your treats look really delicious!!