Tuesday, October 8, 2013

God on the Mountain


Let us remember that the Lord’s Supper is an ordinance given to the friends of Jesus Christ who have entered upon the saved life, and intended to help them realize their privileges. The Lord’s Supper takes the most terrible facts of history and experience, and groups them with the grandest of realities in such a way that our souls break forth into hallelujahs.   ~David Gregg, D.D.  


The road curved one way then another, each one seeming to take us higher into the Ozark mountains. The trees formed an arch over us. The blue sky seemed a sort of blessing as we neared our destination. Even still I didn't know just how many blessings God was ready to shower on my weary heart.


Sight greeting me each time I walked to my meals
It was a gathering of some of God's great warriors. Those who have poured out their love on others; those who have selflessly given to their congregations. Those of beautiful feet who carry good news of the gospel daily. 

These Church of God (Holiness) ministers and their wives came to be refreshed in their souls. From the first words that were sent to the Father, the Holy Spirit settled in on these sweet people -- and on me. Worship was intentional and authentic. Each session was designed not only to teach, but to encourage.  

I went to the ending communion service anticipating the remembrance. 


His body
Whipped and beaten
Thorns piercing
Bones broken

His blood
Shed for me
A greater love
Life laid down

His love
Spotless Lamb
Accepting my sins
Dying for me


My joy
Remembering
His body, His blood
Grace intermingling with love


The invitation to speak offered abundantly more. They welcomed me with open hearts, shared their mealtime fellowship, provided a space for me to draw up to the Lord's table and feed my soul. 

The God on the mountain met us in that lodge room. And my soul rejoiced.  

Linked to:



10 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Beautiful feet, indeed.

Fondly,
Glenda

Denise said...

So beautiful, and precious.

SuzyQ said...

Pam, that is beautiful. Such a beautiful place, and you were with some of God's choice people. We love it there, and love those folks. You were no doubt a blessing to them!
Glad you had that experience!

Sharon said...

How lovely. Sometimes showers of blessings are just exactly what we need. I'm so glad that you were able to experience these peaceful moments.

GOD BLESS!

Denise said...

What a blessed experience Pamela, in a gorgeous setting! I love the quote you posted in the beginning; a beautiful definition of the Lord's Supper!

Have a wonderful day in the Lord my friend!
Denise

Amrita said...

Hi Pamela, I am on Facebook more now, but would like to visit my blog friends. Since I a teaching , I don 't have much time now

Ceil said...

Hi Pam! What a beautiful setting for a celebration of faith and fellowship. There is just nothing like getting together with people of faith.

I hope you were refreshed and ready to come down off that mountain to share your spirit!
Ceil

Thistle Cove Farm said...

what a wonderful time of refreshment!

Courtney said...

Sounds like a beautiful experience in a beautiful place. So glad you had that, and shared it with us here. Communion is always, always so sacred. But especially when we can experience it in a majestic setting.

RicKaren said...

What a lovely setting to experience God in!